Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Summoning: Review

The Summoning
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Publisher: HarperCollins
Series: Darkest Powers Trilogy #1
Pages: 390
 
Summary:
 
She sees dead people - and they see her.
 
Chloe Saunders used to have a pretty normal life. But that changed on the day she met her first ghost. Locked up in Lyle House,  a group home for troubled teens, she finds out that there's more to the home's teen residents than meets the eye. Will Chloe be able to uncover the dangerous secrets of Lyle House . . . or will its skeletons come back to haunt her?
 
My Thoughts:
 
This review is up kind of late. SORRY! I've been very busy but here it is!
 
I really enjoyed this book from the very beginning to the very end. It was really hard for me to put down and I couldn't seem turn the pages fast enough. Armstrong's writing seems to flow so well making this book a super fast read!
 
You want so bad for everyone to know the truth about Chloe and about her gift. It's bad enough that she has to see ghosts and not know how to handle it but then she gets stuck in a group home and gets a mental diagnosis slapped on top of that. I couldn't even imagine being in her shoes! How would it feel to not know if you were crazy or not? If everyone else thinks you're crazy? To not know who's living and who's actually a ghost?
 
I loved the characters in this book. This book has absolutely everything! Adventure, suspense, dark secrets, betrayal, supernatural powers . . .! I can't wait to read the 2nd book in this trilogy and I'm glad it's already out so I can do that very soon!
 
Have you read this series or any other books by this author? Let me know in the comments! Happy reading!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!